Thursday 31 July 2014

Why a MacBook Pro?


What's up everyone? A few months back during the month of February I suddenly began to find video editing and the whole editing process quite intriguing. I did some research in relation to editing software and I came across Sony Vegas movie studio which was considered as one of the best software's on the market. (I don't use it now, it's another story) Without hesitation I jumped onto Amazon and bought the software. I quickly got the hang of things and everything was exactly the way I had imagined it but I couldn't help to notice that the laptop computer which I was using was terrible.
The laptop was slow and often became unresponsive when the software was running. Whenever I tried to render the finished product it would shut down completely where I would then be welcomed by a nice black start up screen which would ask me if I would like to "Start Windows normally." It was a pain but luckily it got me to where I am today and actually landed me my first editing job for a pretty big company. With the money which I had earned over there I decided to invest it in a custom built PC which is an absolute beast. Video editing is nice and smooth and movies are fully rendered within 5 minutes which is a major improvement from the crappy laptop which would take 2-3 hours to render the same movie. I love my custom beast to death but there's yet another problem which I have encountered.
As a writer, short film maker and a photographer my job consists of me travelling quite a lot. I love to travel don't get me wrong but I have noticed that a lot of my clients want to have a lot of things edited in a very short period of time or even there and then and as you can see I need something which is strong in terms of raw computing power, but which also looks stylish and appealing to look at. That's why I have decided to invest another sum of money towards the 13 inch MacBook Pro with Retina display.
The reason why I have decided to go for this particular laptop is its light and easy to carry around. It looks cool wherever you go and it has a beautiful display which is great when showing photos and videos to potential clients. The Pro is a pretty strong laptop in terms of computing power and will definitely get the job done in a few hours when I'm staying at a hotel room or when I'm flying from A to B. It's also nice knowing that I have a nice and reliable companion by my side when travelling the world.
Here's where I need your help people, for anyone that's a MacBook user let me know what you think of the machine in the comments below and for anyone who is currently editing on a laptop let me know what make and model you have and would you recommend it.
Thanks for checking this post out people and follow me on Twitter for regular updates and news about the latest games and tech and click that follow button if you like what you have read here.
TwitterWordLoops

No comments:

Post a Comment