Friday 28 November 2014

Trust Apple to fix your devices



As a lover of technology and video games I always take great care when handling my iPhone or when taking a brand new game out of the box for the first time. I am one of those individuals who orders the case and screen protector weeks before the actual device arrives. (Comment down below if you're one those people.)

A few weeks ago I noticed that something was wrong with my iPhone 5c. I didn't know what it was at first but after a while it hit me, my external speaker stopped working. The reason why I did not identify the problem straight away was I usually use my headphones when I'm writing or doing some things around the house. When my headphones were plugged in I heard everything absolutely fine and when I plugged them out there was nothing but a complete silence. 


What do people do when they have a problem in 2014? They Google it. I sort of began to panic at this point because I had never encountered a problem with an iPhone or an Apple product before. I decided to scroll through some Apple forums in order to find a solution to my problem. But the solutions that some people recommended were just ridiculous. One person claimed that if you hit the bottom corner of the phone (where the external speaker was located) of off a hard surface it would fix the problem. "Oh yeah. The person who who buys his iPhone case in advance is going to smash it of off his desk." I don't think so. 

So I then decided it was time to call Apple Care. When I called Apple care I was immediately welcomed by a strange voice automated operator. It asked me questions like "Give me the IMEI number of your device." and "What is the problem with your device?" I answered all of those questions and within seconds I was transferred to a living, breathing, human being named Andrew. Andrew one of the people who resolves problems like mine everyday was very helpful. He sent me out a link which then performed a diagnostics scan on my device and right away he knew that there was a problem with my external speaker. After I gave him my home address and email I was told that in two to five business days I would receive a package which I would then place my broken iPhone 5c into. He also told me that since my iPhone had a warranty the repair would be absolutely free and that they will send out a brand new iPhone after they received the broken unit. 

For those of you out there who are still a bit wary about sending your iPhone to Apple and would prefer to go to your local repair store. Don't be. Apple has an incredible service for people like you and me and if I ever have another problem with an Apple device (which is like one in a million) Apple will be the first group that I will contact.

If you like what you have read here make sure to follow me on Twitter for the latest game and tech news and don't forget to click that share/+1 button. Have an awesome day and I will see you all soon !!!

Twitter: WordLoops


No comments:

Post a Comment