Saturday 3 January 2015

Apple introduces new 14 Day Return Policy in EU iTunes/App Store



The App Store/iTunes is an amazing place for exploring new apps or discovering a new genre in music. But whenever I decide to scroll through both of these stores I take a few things into consideration such as price, quality and practicality. That method usually works well, but at certain times it goes straight out the window and I buy something impulsively. Momentarily later I realize that buying the game which was worth $5,99 or the album which sounded pretty good during the preview and cost twenty bucks was a huge mistake. My mind begins to think of all of the other things I could have bought and how it was stupid of me not to apply my three golden rules. If you have ever been in a similar situation well then you're going to be happy to hear that Apple is implementing a 14-day refund policy. In the European Union that is.

According to iFun.de, Apple have introduced a new 14-day return policy in order to meet the European Union consumer rights policies. But hold on, you can't just buy a game or an eBook and ask for a refund after you complete the game or finish the book. If you want your request for a refund to come through you have to have a discussion with Apple support explaining to them why you feel you deserve a refund and based upon the information given they will then decided whether to accept it or deny it. 

Let me know in the comments below people if this is something which you may consider availing of in the future.

Thanks for checking this post out and if you like what you have read here make sure to click that share/+1 button and you can also follow me on Twitter for the latest game and tech news and news regarding the site.

Twitter: WordLoops
Sources: 9to5mac 
iFUN.de


No comments:

Post a Comment